Closing Date: 13-9-10
Drydocks World has been a leading brand in the maritime industry for over 25 years. The foremost name in international ship repair, it has since become a major force in the sectors of offshore, shipbuilding, repair, conversion, shipping and chandlery.
Drydocks World facilities operate in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. In Southeast Asia, Drydocks World unites leading expertise at the world’s crossroads of busiest shipping lanes, and close proximity to major offshore oil and gas field developments in Singapore and Batam Island, Indonesia. Diverse marine activities are focused in 4 shipyards, namely: Singapore, Graha, Nanindah and Pertama. Collectively these encompass 29 building berths, 8 floating docks, and a specialised rig building yard.
The right candidates for our yards must be able to develop and support an excellent safety culture and possess a sound knowledge of shipyard practices. They should also have practical experience in the rig building, shipbuilding or ship repair sectors, having held relevant positions in the marine or offshore industry. Working in these evolving yards requires strong personalities who enjoy working in a challenging environment. We offer an attractive employment package, including a competitive salary and productivity bonus based on qualification and experience.
We welcome suitably qualified and experienced candidates to join our team as:
- Review contracts & technical specifications and propose quotations;
- Source, evaluate and negotiate with vendors and subcontractors;
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, invoices and other documents;
- Monitor progress in projects and recommend revisions to relevant parties.
- Diploma in Marine, Mechanical, Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the fields of ship repairs and conversion, ship building or oil rig building;
- Candidate should be analytical with good command of English and IT skills;
- Experience candidates with a proven track record may be considered for senior or managerial position;
- Fresh graduates with relevant internship experience are welcome to apply.
Please forward your application with current and expected salary to:
The HR Department
(We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.)